Thursday, October 30, 2008

48 hour video race.

This is no problem. Most of my projects are started 48 hours from the deadline anyway. This class isn't special. I'm talking papers, groupwork. Everything. Horrible idea most of the time. I just can't help it yet.

ANYWAYS, I think this will be really fun, I'm glad its right after everything else I have to do is due so I won't have to worry about anything. I plan on using Wayne Moss in mine since he used me in his.

Capture methods. I think I'll combine. I like the scanner idea. I don't know if anyone is going to let me borrow and play around with theirs though. Can I borrow yours? Anyone? Andre? I would like to see what kind of abstract image I can get, or at least less representational, less a image with a unique texture but more a unique form all together. maybe? Something to do with the scanning light going across slowly. Blurring and whatnot.

But I don't want to do just that. I'll probably use some cellphone or still camera (w/ video) footage for more straightforward sequences. I have no idea what this will be yet though. How can I without the mystery prop eh?

The zoetrope idea is fun, but I don't know how I would do it for a whole minute unless it was huge. I could possibly incorporate it into the vid and just tape it, perhaps a zoom in from the spinning thing to the moving image in the slits. Might be too much to do though.

I'm interested in doing everything with this. The scanner is appealing because of its novelty obviously, and the lack of a forseeable event/assignment in my future where I'll be able to try that again. Same for the zoetrope. But if any of that falls through this will be a fun event just to make any kind of video I want without the constraints of an assignment or a group assignment. The fact that we can use stil cameras with video is nice because it encourages experimentation, but we can pretty much do anything. It's less of a constraint than a licence for us not to have to check out cameras or have it look clean or "good" or whatever. Low budget, makeshift and fun.

1 comment:

geometryisareflectionoflife said...

im glad you have been training all year