Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hehehehehe

Freestyle eh? ...







OK, I really love the Rush Hour series of films. Yes, Films. Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker is a combination of the ages. As good as Beverly hills cop or whatevah. Shanghai knight was good, but pretty much just as good as Jackie Chan. Owen Wilson, while a good actor and writer, added nothing to that movie. Rush Hour... mmm... I'm watching the third installation right now. While not the same character at all Chris Tucker really proved himself to me first in the fifth element. His art shines through in both that movie and this series.

You may say, "Rush Hour? Quoi? Average Hollywood Dumpshit?" Not true. Anyone with an ounce of grey matter knows that anything Jackie Chan touches is gold (nevermind The Tuxedo). But this dynamic duo. Brilliant. Like butch cassidy and the sundance kid, cleopatra and mark antony, J-Lo and Mark Anthony... Robin and Batman, Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass...

They're great.

They make me feel good inside. I see that it is trite, uncritically acclaimable and whatnot, but this is my equivalent of a chick flick. I get warm fuzzies all over, joy and happiness. It's like I'm right there with Jackie and Chris (Li and Carter) non-lethally destroying bad guy ass in a new place each time.

Last time I was home me and my little brother and our friend Alex played a drinking game to this movie. Drink every time Jackie does his own stunt or Chris Tucker says something sassy. It was a silly, silly.. silly night.

In other news I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to being fucked up and watching five movies per day all weekend. Also... well thats all. I'm going to be so zonked. It won't be that great, I have things to do but I guess I better enjoy my zonkosity.

No comments: