Thursday, October 9, 2008

The part about the damn germans making everysong perfect; but it wasn't. They thought their form was precise, but they had no steez. They were a bunch of chumps in reality. Form is nothing, style is everything. I mean, that applies to everything right? right? right? right? yes. I like this article because it presents my central assertion that bullshit like "how you do something" really doesn't matter. The content isn't the planning or the architecture etcetera and whatnot. It's the subject, the costume, the mise en scene, the drunk guy being ridiculous. Technicality schmecnicality. That's why jackass was successful. Cinematography is great, but an out of focus picture of a celebrity titty will still sell for $200,000. A celebrity titty on film is literally probably worth it's weight in finely cut daimonds (speculative guess only).

All this jazz about theater is very anarcho-punk which is a great genre, if universally dismissed. I mean, yeah, the revolution would be brilliant. I'm not revolutionary enough to be constantly mad at capitalism, but just imagine how sweet would non capitalism be. Meritocracy? Artocracy? Youtube, the internet, torrents, myspace. fossils of a prefree age. We are in the dark ages as far as I'm concerned; I believe in a free future, creation being currency. When I say believe in I don't necessarily mean a literal certainty of a specific future, but a positive thinking hope, a best case scenario, better than reality and whatnot. (six hundred words is too much. Nah it's alright.) Anyways, I completely relate to this guy. He get's to the root of things. Pressure and money tell you to focus on the right angles, the specific measurements, the technicalities. And to me they are technicalities. It's arrogant, but I mean, like, might as well right? I always want to be the guy with the ideas, the guy in the denim jumpsuit, grossing people out, shaking his massive junk, calling the shots. That's my life. This is: Jamie Bibo.

1 comment:

silvashan said...

i LOVE this entry Jamie. I wanta see this style and energy in your self portrait. Just put it out there!